The current GL1 App Version is: v2.2
1. Plug-in the GL1 cable to the OBD-II connector in your vehicle, located under the dash, near your knee.
2. Plug-in the GL1 to your iPhone/iPod Touch 30-pin dock connector.
3. Start your vehicle and wait for a beep/shake to indicate that the GL1 is charging your device.
4. Unlock your iPhone/iPod Touch screen (if necessary).
5. IMPORTANT: If you already have the GL1 software installed, you will need to wait for the GL1 to begin charging your iPhone or iPod touch, before you begin using the software. This indicates that the GL1 has begun communicating with your vehicle and is ready to use.
6. Follow the on-screen directions to get the FREE GL1 App from the iTunes App Store if you don’t already have it.
7. If you have any issues, please call (248) 232-3078 for support.
Plug your iPhone or iPod touch into the GL1 and start your vehicle. When the GL1 starts communicating with your vehicle, the iPhone or iPod touch will begin charging. You may hear a beep or your iPhone or iPod touch may vibrate.
Step #1) Go to the main screen and select “Configure Scanner”
Step #2) Turn on “Logging.” This will save diagnostic information.
Step #3) Exit the App and then re-launch
Step #4) Run the App and duplicate your issue. When you are satisfied that you have duplicated the issue, return to the main screen and select “About.”
Step #5) Click on “Email Support.” Your diagnostic information will be sent to aid in resolving your issue. Thanks!
[11-Feb-2010] Some users of iPod touches are reporting that the App will freeze when collecting data. The user is then required to exit via the Home button and disconnect the GL1 to gain access to the App again.
1A) Go to the Settings of the iPod
1B) Go to General
1C) Make sure that Location Services is OFF